Eureka College's Student Magazine Since 1889

The Eureka College Pegasus

The Eureka College Pegasus

The Eureka College Pegasus

Red Devils Basketball Hard Fought Season Comes to an End

Markus Spiske

Early pre-season Red Devils showed a lot of fight as they would travel to Canada to compete. They would go on to be 0-3 with heartbreaking losses to Windsor University, Western Ontario University, and St. Clair College. It also did not help that the Red Devils were without key players, Peewee Brown and Blake Logsdon. Some standout players from this 3-game outing were Cody Baer, Noah Persich and Ben Carter.

As For Non-Conference games, the Red Devils accumulated record was 2-5. Their two wins would be against Monmouth College and Rockford College. They would go on to lose the second round versus Monmouth College. They would also lose to Dominican, Aurora, Cornell, and Beloit.

Some standouts during these games were of course Eureka’s Brown Baer duo, consisting of Peewee Brown and Cody Baer. Some other standouts were as Noah Persich, Dylan Logsdon, and Ben Carter.

Lastly, but certainly not least, the most exciting part of the regular season was conference play. Despite the slow start, the Red Devils would make a good effort to take the tournament, yet they would fall a game short. They would end with a 5-13 record in conference play and 7-18 record for the season.

Despite the tough season, the Red Devils have some amazing moments to look back on. One moment could be the most recent Greenville game where Peewee Brown and Cody Baer would combine for 81 points. Peewee Brown would lead the team in points with 48 and add on 10 rebounds. Cody Baer would have the other 33 points and tag along another 16 boards for the Red Devils.

Although this season did not end as expected, the Red Devils still have a bright future ahead of them with a very young team ready to come back for vengeance.

Dylan Logsdon, who plays guard for the Red Devils basketball, looks forward to his next season on the court with a new group of guys.

“I’m excited to come back and run it with my guys,” Logsdon said. “We have a lot of good young guys on this team, so as long as we keep working who knows what we could do.”

The Red Devils may have had a disappointing season on the court this year, but they have a promising outlook for next season.