Fall Sports: Behind the Scenes

Ever wonder what sports teams do to prepare for their next competition season? Many fall athletes do not take the spring season off; instead, they take this time to condition and build muscle for the next season. Fall sports, such as volleyball and football, work out as a team in the mornings of their off-season. 

Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 am -7:45 am are mandatory times for the volleyball team. During these two days a week, they can be found preparing for the fall together as a team; throughout the spring, they also must complete individual workouts. Keyanna Crowder, a freshman volleyball player said, “It may be hard to get up in the morning, but it really helps.” She hopes these hard morning workouts will help her on the court next season, but she also said high school workouts were nothing compared to college.“We didn’t have off-season training, but here we are constantly active which helps with progressing our abilities.

The football team has mandatory training four days a week from 5:00 am -7:00 am. Many of the football players feel the same, “Four times a week seems like a lot but I don’t think it’s enough,” said Brandon Garner, a freshman football player. “ These workouts put you through a tough time but they get you ready.”

While fall, athletic teams, are putting in the work in the gym, spring teams have hit the ground running in competition. Eureka Red Devils fall sports are putting in work behind the scenes. They are pushing through the semester, getting stronger and faster. The Pegasus staff contributors wish nothing but the best for all athletic teams on campus including those currently in season and those preparing to compete in the fall.