Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas

Students seem to have plans and gifts ready to go for Valentine’s Day. For those still in need of a gift there are plenty of last-minute local places to stop and shop including a few ideas that don’t break the bank.

Some students have entire dates and gifts put together. Carlos said he is taking his “girlfriend to Jim’s Steak House in Bloomington for dinner” on the 14th. Tate is going all out and “taking my girlfriend to a fancy place for dinner and ice cream for dessert after” and is also gifting her a big Valentine’s Day basket that he put together. Nolan is planning to get his girlfriend “chocolates and a stuffed animal because I have a game that day and can’t take her to dinner”. Gift recommendations from students for this holiday vary.  Stefon said, “in the past, I have given stuffed animals, chocolate-covered strawberries, and candy”. Katherine likes to receive “Starbucks or any coffee shop gift cards”. Dominick recommends “candles, sugar scrubs, and flowers” together.

For those who are still in search of last-minute gift ideas, there are a variety of options close to campus. Brakers Market in Eureka has a variety of Valentine’s Day items to create an individualized box of fun treats. For a different sweet gift, you can grab a piece of pie for your valentine from Busy Corner in Goodfield. Objects have new heart-shaped succulents that are “easy to take care of and say ‘I love you’ in so many ways’. If you need a classic bouquet, Scottwood Floral, and The Flower Basket are always options There are also plenty of non-costly ideas for sweet and simple gifts. You can’t go wrong with handwritten notes, drawings/art, or even planning a simple activity like baking something together.

Lastly, for a local valentine’s day outing Hello Beautiful Boutique is having a 5th Birthday bash including six other local small businesses. This event is scheduled from 10 am-2 pm on Saturday, February 18th. Grab your gal pals and head to 117 W. Center St Eureka. More information about this event can be found on Facebook