Tau Kappa Epsilon is hosting a week of fundraising for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. Between the dates of April 24th and April 28th, TKE will have various events that students can participate in while donating to a good cause. St. Judes mission statement states “St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion, or a family’s ability to pay.” Students on campus can go to events like Graffiti Party or Pie-a-Professor to help support a great cause.

The Pegasus sat down with TKE’s president, Carson Gregory, to get more information on the upcoming week. “I think that it’s important to not only get more involved with St. Jude than we already were but to also get everyone on campus involved too. Making it more fun incentivizes everyone to get involved and help with the overall goals of St. Jude.” TKE is looking to raise 2,000 dollars this semester and has milestone markers for each amount they achieve.

The Pegasus staff also sat down with Vice President Sean Blair to go more in-depth on why TKE Week is important not only to TKE but also to the entire campus. “This is a great opportunity for TKE Eureka to show St. Jude what they mean to us, and we would love the whole campus to support us whether that means donating money, showing up, or spreading the word to friends and family around and off campus. We hope to make this week fun and prosperous for everyone.”

This week would be a great time for students to not only support a good cause but also enjoy the outdoor weather and get to hang out with their peers! If you would like more information on TKE Week or have any questions you can email Sean Blair at sblair@eureka.edu.